Points of Pride
Capistrano Elementary School is a place where students thrive academically, grow as readers, and excell in extracurricular activities. Capistrano is very proud of receiving the STEAM Designation by the District. We are the first elementary school to receive this honor and we are extremely proud. S.T.E.A.M. stands for an integrated approach to learning and teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math.Beginning with the 2016-2017 school year,
Capistrano Elementary School provides learning opportunities for students through rich instructional programs. We offer an integrated approach to learning Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM), Reading and Math framework, third through fifth grade one to one laptops, dual language program, 25 book campaign, art, band, and orchestra.Our extra-curricular activities include cheerleading, drama club, and student council. We maintain a close relationship with our parents and the community through activities such as grandparent's day celebrations, dads and donuts, moms and muffins, book fairs, an annual Christmas program, literacy nights, parent classes, and much more.
- during the first semester, Capistrano students will participate in at least two modules developed around our STEAM initiative. During this part of the school day, students will utilize the Engineering design process to create solutions to real world issues.
- During the second semester, Capistrano students will complete a Genius Hour project where each child will research, develop and present a project developed around one of his/her personal passions or interests.
- Our focus on the arts (visual, social, language, physical) will be integrated into our daily instruction and specialized fine arts classes.
Come to our 1st Engage Me Parent Meeting
Come and get your 3rd-5th grade student signed up so that they can take their laptop home.
Thursday, August 25 at 6:30 pm. in the school gym
Parent Information Nights
Come meet your child's teacher, and learn all that you need to help him/her have a successful year.
- K-2 parents are invited from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm
- 3-5 parents are invited from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm